Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Morning in the Waiting Room

Hello All. J had a good night. When I saw him this morning he was resting peacefully. He had a bath and a shave (the nurse said he didn't like the shave much) and he looked good. Today is surgery at 11:00. This is a pretty complicated break and we expect it to take around 4 hours total. They will likely call and give us updates through the surgery. We will pass them on as we get them.

So many people want to know how the boys are doing. They, of course are worried about their dad, but they are doing well. Mom and Dad are keeping them in Fayetteville. We are doing our best to maintain a normal schedule. Allen starts football practice today and Sam goes to camp on Wednesday. This will be a busy week as Allen also has High School orientation on Wednesday. J's sister Eleanor will be going to Allen's high school transition meeting with him on Wednesday as well.

I won't ever be able to express how thankful we are that we have such wonderful friends and family. What a blessing!

Love,

Cara

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, all. I am always so relieved to see first thing in the a.m. how well J is doing. You will be in my thoughts all day today, as you await news of the surgery. May God bless you with peace and give you good thoughts.

Love, Gail

Anonymous said...

Cara and Family, the Bockelman's are praying for a full and safe recovery!! God is good in all He does and He will heal Jay i truly believe!!!!!!!

Let me know what i can do to help!!
My prayers are always with you

Sara Bockelman

Katie said...

My prayers are with you this morning!Love you!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Thank you, for helping us keep up with the progress. Even though I am not close to you all, knowing Jerry through work is enough to know he will be a fighter. The engineering community will be keeping him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

Natalie Becknell, NWA Branch ASCE

Anonymous said...

Hey Cara,
I am glad to know J is doing okay under the circumstances. My family and I will continue to pray for you guys and the medical staff throughout the day.
I plan to be there on Friday for a pre-construction meeting, and will drop by to check on you and J then if possible.
Let me know if I need to bring anything for you guys from here when I come.

Steve Hagood

Anonymous said...

Cara & all,
Thinking about you all so much and am praying for your strength and J's recovery. We love you - Chip & Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Jerry sure was missed at Drill this weekend. His section established a push-up challenge for the unit and it's called "Do 25 for Jerry and do 25 for you." They know Jerry can't get up and do push-ups, so they are doing them for him until he gets out of the hospital. I'm even doing them...... and I hate push-ups. HA!! Hang in there and we'll see you soon. Our prayers are with you.

Joey York, 96 APS at Little Rock AFB

Anonymous said...

Jerry is a pillar at the 96th. He helps the younger troops develop their military careers and also invests himself in each one of them. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Stacy Hunt
96 APS