Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 3 at St. John's

A late afternoon call from the hospital reports that it has been a peaceful day of waiting and all positive reports for J. The ICU staff repositioned him for a while, but they were going to return him to his back.

_________________________

First report of the day is that J had a good night. Cara and J’s parents visited with the doctors this morning. His lungs are okay, his labs are okay and his stats are okay. He is still on-go for the next surgery on Monday as long as things continue to go this well.

While Cara and his parents were in the ICU room, J woke up and looked around. He can't talk because he still has the ventilator, but he does seem calmer and less panicked. He was able to nod to answer yes or no questions. He is moving his feet a little. He moves the foot on the leg that had surgery yesterday even more since it doesn't have traction now.

One of the doctors stated that he looks good for what he's been through.

It will be another day of waiting.

Cara said that today and Sunday we pray for no changes and for his lungs to remain clear so that we can look forward to Monday and the next surgery.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that J is resting well and that the doctors are pleased.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers, and the thoughts and prayers of many others. I spoke with some of my friends in OK and asked them about the hospital and doctor and they said you couldn't be in a better place. At the end of the conversation, they asked for your name because they wanted to add you to their prayer list. So, prayers are going up for you all daily, from those you know and those you don't.

Thanks to you and Eleanor for getting the blog up and running.

I know I am in Fort Smith, but you let me know if you need anything. I am a short drive away. All you have to do is call 479-719-4607.

Rachelle

Anonymous said...

Cara and Family,
Thank you for the blog. We check it throughout the day. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. We thought St. John was a wonderful hospital when we lived in Tulsa!
Lots of Love,
Sharon & Mark Waddell

Tim Butler said...

Cara,
I am not familiar with blogs but I'm getting better, I posted this to an earlier segment and then realized my mistake. I know that I'm in central AR but if I can do anything to help please don't hesitate to ask.
Speedy recovery,
Tim.

Jerry and Family,
Just know that I and everyone at the 96th are thinking of you. It was a little hard to be there today without my buddy. I depend on him heavily and thinking of what he is going through is heartbreaking. I am glad that things are going well and he is on his way to recovery. Get well soon Jerry, we all miss you.

Tim Butler

Anonymous said...

I've asked everyone I know to prayer for J. I've got Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, and several other denominations asking GOD to watch over J. Many of them don't know him, but were happy to pray for him anyway. I know he will continue to improve, and come thru this. I forwarded the blog site to some of the guys from OS that know him. We're all pulling for all of you guys. You know that if there is anything you need all you have to do is call.
Jim

Anonymous said...

We miss you Jerry! All your military friends and co-workers are pulling for you. We wish you a steady and strong recovery from your injuries. God Bless you and your family.

Lance Turner

Anonymous said...

Jerry and family,

Keeping you in our prayers. This blog has helped in so many ways. We get many calls daily from military co-workers asking us for updates on Jerrys progression.
Continue to hang in there.
Carrie