Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday August 29, in the Morning Again

Hello all. J's independence grows. Yesterday he surprised and scared me just a little bit when he wanted to transfer to the wheelchair without the help of a nurse or therapist. Those of you who know me well, know that I would have preferred there be permission and a room full of people available to assist if needed. But you know how determined J is when he wants to do something. The physical therapist came in before he could transfer, but let him do it all himself. They are all great about pushing J as far as he wants to go. He is gaining range of motion each day and is tolerating letting his knees bend on their own more and more.

As J gets better each day and I realize just how serious the accident was, I am more and more grateful to have him here with us. I am so blessed!

Love you all,

Cara

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the blog from First Officer-I think we all vote that he continues the journally on a daily basis. I can just imagine how uplifting that was for you and J, because I know it uplifted the rest of us!

Great to hear the news and that J is pushing hard. Cara, you have come through the battle with flying colors! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Continue to forge on J! Life's battles are often breathe taking. The journey will be well worth the pain. In our thoughts and prayers daily.

Julie and the kids.

Anonymous said...

All I can think to say is "WOW!"

J- You are AMAZING! When I saw you last night for the first time since your accident, you blew me away!! Keep up your positive attitude, hard work, and determination and you will be back home in no time.
Cara- Sorry I missed you last night. And yes, You are VERY BLESSED!

Continued love & prayers,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Stardate 082908: First officer's log. Dr. Feel Good has informed me that the Captain has successfully been disasimilated from the Borg. He no longer has tubes and computer parts. He should return to the bridge soon. Ships pychologist has been at his bedside since he was assimilated. She assures me that his mental state remains stable. Engineer's mate O'Brien has produced a new weapon for the ships arsenal. His new weapon is called the "SLALOM". When the Captain is well enough we will use it to do battle with Corona 6. AND BOLDLY SKI WHERE NO MAN HAS SKIED BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is great news again...
That is that HARTFIELD BLOOD...STRONG...STRONG...!!! Hugs to both of uuu...We r still sweating this GUSTAV STORM!!! PRAYING PLSE NOT ANOTHER STORM LIKE KATRINA..WE CAN NOT LOSE EVERYTHING AGAIN....

hugs...to yall....ALLISON (REM YOUR FAVORITE CUZ)...

Anonymous said...

Dear Hartfield Family,

The Tyson chaplains and team members continue to keep all of you in our prayers! We are excited to read about J's continuing improvement.

Blessings,

Woody Brown, Chaplain
Tyson Foods