Friday, August 1, 2008

From the NTSICU Waiting Room

Good Morning everyone. First, I want to say how much it means to us that you are keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. It helps so much to know how many people love J.

He had a good night in that his stats look good and they are planning on surgery this morning at around 11. He is, however, anxious and continues to fight the restraints. They are keeping him very sedated. This is a good thing at this point, although I'm beginning to miss him and can't wait to be able to talk to him again. Hopefully this will be soon.

Today's surgeries are the first in a series to repair the fractures to his femurs and patella. I believe that they will work on the patella and the right leg today. I have not spoken to the surgeon, so I'm not sure about what they will do specifically. We will update again after the surgery.

Keep those positive thoughts and those prayers coming. We can feel the love.

Love,

Cara

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cara and family,

I just heard about J- I am in Branson until tomorrow and will be back in Tulsa then. If you need ANYTHING I am there for you, sister! I will check in with you or Katie!! Love you and keeping J and family in our prayers!
Jennifer Denne

Anonymous said...

Cara,
Glad to hear J had a good night. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Heather (House) Roach

Katie said...

Good morning! So glad to hear J had a good night and I look forward to hearing news of progress. Love and Prayers,
Katie

Anonymous said...

Your family at the 96th APS is thinking about you and praying for a speedy recovery. You know if you need anything, whatsoever, just call us. Jerry is one of the strongest fighters I know and he'll pull through this. Take care and May God Bless You and Your Family.
Joey York, 1st Sgt

Anonymous said...

Cara and the boys,

I wondered why I had not heard from you guys! You are all in my thoughts and prayers. One day at a time! Cara, if you need anything, help with the boys navigating school start, practices, etc, call me. I would be more then happy to help! Stay strong! Tell J, we are all pulling for him.

Julie and the kids

Kathy Bannister said...

Cara and family,
Jerry just called and told me about J's accident. I will keep J and all of you in my prayers.
Kathy Bannister