Thursday, August 7, 2008

The End of a Good, Long Day

Hello All. We are happy to report that we just left J sleeping peacefully. The surgeries went well. The bones in his hip were set and are now in place. The surgeon said that they may heal and they may not. We just won't know for 2-3 months. His hand is set and is now in a cast.

The plan for tomorrow is to begin working on getting his lungs clear. They are going to do percussion therapy to break things up and get them out of his chest. This is actually done with the bed. I'm not quite sure how it works, so I am looking forward to seeing it. I would love to think that he is going to be off the vent by this time tomorrow, but if I have learned anything from this experience, it is to be patient. Things will happen when they need to. So on that note, I will say "Good night" and rest up for whatever tomorrow brings.

Love,

Cara

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything went as planned! And he got his hand sx in! That is great news. Keeping you in my thoughts all the time!

Love
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Good Friday morning. I know it's been a LONG week for you all. So glad the surgery went well! I'll be praying that the bones respond well and heal now that they're set. Love-EP

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! That is such great news! I'm sure Jerry will be off the vent and talking to you very soon. Thanks so much for the blog - all of us Tyson folks are watching it constantly for updates.
Katrenia

Katie said...

Good Morning! I am thrilled to hear such great news! J will be teaching me to ski in no time!! He is such a trooper! My thoughts and prayers are with you always and I look forward to more good news!
Love you!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Excellent Update! I hope that J's night went well and that you were able to get some rest! Thank You for keeping us posted! Hugs and Kisses, Julie

Anonymous said...

EP sent me news via email of J's accident. I am very sorry, but I know that he's getting the very best care and is in the prayers of many, many people, as are you all.

Peace

Tela Arrington Webb