Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday, September 7

Hello All. Sorry there have been so many days since my last post. Life is gradually becoming more normal and that leaves less time for posting. I know everyone would like to hear from J. I will make sure he makes the next post...from home!

We expect him to be released from the hospital early this week, perhaps as early as tomorrow. We have made a few changes to the house. Thanks to Halcyon Homes, we have a ramp to get into the house, our bedroom and bathroom doors are slightly wider, and we no longer have a shower door. Health South has ordered all of our necessary equipment, so we should be ready.

If J is released tomorrow, he will get to see Allen's first football game. I don't expect him to tolerate 3 hours in his wheelchair, but he will at least get to see some of the game.

We will let you know how tomorrow goes!

Love,

Cara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really good news. Now I have some good news for J. Something he can look forward to. I have 3 wooden skis in my possesion for him to build another deck chair. Of course it will be a while, but I know how he likes to plan stuff out. Plan it out Cap'n.
Jim

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for J! How wonderful for you and your family!
Hugs and Kisses!
Julie and the Kids

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara,
I'm so happy that J might go home soon. Whew...can you believe it?! I'm so happy that things are getting back to normal for all of you. God has worked so many miracles for J and I know all of us are grateful to have read about it in your blog. Good luck this week---I know all of you are excited.
Love, Sugar