Friday, September 19, 2008

September 18 / 19 - Can I Walk?

All,
Yesterday, September 18, was a much needed off day so there is not much to report. Ashley brought more food. Steve, Julie and Bella brought dinner and stayed for a while and that was a lot of fun. It is always fun to visit with friends.

Today, September 19, started fairly slow, but ended big. Of course it is just 5:00 and we are having a dinner party tonight. During physical therapy this afternoon, I stood up and yes, I WALKED a few steps! It was with the assistance of a machine and therapist were on the ready if I wobbled. It will still be a while before I am on crutches, but this is the beginning of the end. I even stood un-assisted for a few seconds with all of my weight on the right leg. It is still very weak.

Yes, this is great stuff. Before you know it, you will forget about this blog and the accident. I will be back to normal and Cara and the boys can relax a little.

Talk to you soon,
J

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AGAIN...U R SO AMAZING....WE R ALL CHEERING FOR UUU!!! TAKING STEPS...WOW...WOW...U HAVE COME SO SO FAR!! HUGS TO YALL...

ALLISON

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Nothing like walking on the road to recovery!
As the fog begins to clear the path will open up and you will find your reason.
Best to you and your family!
Hugs and Kisses to you all!
Julie and the kids

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! Great news!!
And can I just say that Cara must be one amazing woman to be able to host a dinner party during all of this! WOW!
Take care,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Way to go J!! I knew they couldn't keep you down!! :) Good to hear the news. We will keep praying.

Steve Nelson

Anonymous said...

We're so very proud of you! We're keeping you in our prayers.

Jason, Crystal & Beau King

Anonymous said...

Gosh what a difference a few days makes! We had company in for the Razorback game and I didn't check your blog. WoW! What great news! Keep up the amazing recovery!

Lisa