Wednesday, September 17, 2008

September 16-17 - has it been 2 days?

All,

Tuesday September 16:
The minor hand surgery yesterday morning was not as minor as I hoped, but the pins are out!
I am free to put as much weight through my left arm as I can tolerate. I got back home at about lunch time and was worn out and took a nice afternoon nap.
We went to Sam's football game that evening and then went to Fayetteville High School to pick up Allen from practice.

Wednesday September 17:
We got up and went straight to Health South for PT/OT. From there, Cara and I headed to Tulsa for my first follow up with the orthopedic surgens. All news in good!
First, the bones are healing well and right now it looks like the left hip is going to survive.
I have been cleared to put full weight on my right leg - I had been expecting to be able to put some load on it just on how well it has been doing. I have also been cleared to put 25 to 50 pounds of load on my left leg. Physical therapy is to continue with the new orders and I am anxious to see when I will be using crutches. I always try to push hard and expect a lot, so I am hoping to be on crutches in a week or two. Getting out of this wheel chair will be a major improvement. So many thing will change!
The only downside is that I have to wait until the follow up visit on October 22 to be cleared to drive.

Things really could not be going any better with all things considered.
Allison, if you intend to see me before I am walking around, you better get into your car and head north.....

Thank you all for your support!

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi J,
I'm still so happy for you and Cara!! It is so nice to see that you are doing well enough to post your own blogs. I'm so glad your spirits are up and your health continues to improve. I can't imagine how thrilled your boys must be to have you hope.
God Bless!
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Good morning, J and Cara!
I am thrilled to hear your good news! I find it funny that we know that God "is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think" (Eph. 3:20), and yet I am amazed at how quickly you're progressing. Press on, my friends! Patty