Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10 - Out patient PT begins

All,
Thank you for your comments and continued support and prayers.
Today was not that eventful. I was very pleased that Joe and Dean brought me lunch and my work computer and stayed to visit for a while. I am feeling like I am ready to contribute to work soon.
I went to my first out patient physical therapy appointment this afternoon which was not much more than an initial get to know you evaluation. From there, Cara took me to get a hair cut. Yes, that is right I got my first much needed hair cut in over 2 months. I am ready to go to the Air Force base this weekend.....
That is about it for now. More appointments tomorrow.
As always, stay in touch.
J

5 comments:

cathy ulrich said...

J & Cara & family -- your story of recovery is part of our prayer life. Please know that we are grateful for the people who surround you with love and care. Blessings on you and your household. Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jerry, Glad to hear you are at home and doing so well.

Thinking of you

Riley Rathbun

Tim Butler said...

Jerry,
Reserves is not the same without you. I didn't make it myself last weekend due to back problems. I think that Gus and I will be going to New Jersey this November, wish you could be there. I think about you often and wish for a speedy recovery.
Gus and I plan on coming up to see you on the 20th of this month. Hopefully you will be home and be able to spend some time with us. I know I need that, I miss you. You mean more to me than I can express in this blog, but I'm sure you know that.
I love you and I don't know what I would do without you. I'm hopeful that you will be back at the unit soon. I need you man, get better.

Tim

Anonymous said...

J
Wow...U and Cara r my HERO'S!!! I read the blog every morning to start my day!! U amaze me how far you have come!!! That hartfield and rouse blood makes one a fighter!!! lolol.. I send a big HUG TO BOTH OF UUU!! and of course all this good news puts a A BIG SMILE ON PAW PAW HART'S FACE!! but his eyes still water and his voice still cracks when we talk about J!!
u are so loved!!! KEEP MOVING FORWARD!! WE R SO PROUD OF UU!!

HUGS...ALLISON (REM: YOUR FAVORITE)

Anonymous said...

Hello, J! You were right when you said that Cara has done a great job with the blog. I come in to check on you each morning while I have my coffee. I'm so happy to hear that you're home with the family. Your story is nothing short of miraculous, and I feel sure God is not finished yet. I pray God's strength to you as you transition to the PT phase of your recovery. Blessings, Patty