Monday, September 15, 2008

September 15 - go go go

All,
Saturday evening and all day Sunday were very relaxing and to the point of boring. I started feeling a bit restless with some cabin fever.

That cabin fever was taken care of today.
8:45 this morning I went to see the hand doctor. This included new x-rays of my left hand. The doctor came in and told me that the bones had healed and I can begin using my arm as usual again. With those comments, he got a pair of pliers and pulled out a stainless pin that has been sticking about 1 1/2 inches out of my hand. This is great news however, the second pin is still embedded under the skin. I am scheduled for a minor out patient surgical procedure tomorrow morning to remove the second pin.

11:30 lunch was delivered by Katrenia and Ruben shortly followed by visits from Antonio, Jared and Tony. This was a greatly appreciated visit and it makes me so thankful for where I work. I can't wait to get back! maybe in pieces next week?

2:30 Back to Health South for OT/PT. This is one of those things you dread to do, but are thankful for doing afterwards. They work me hard, but this keeps me ahead of schedule on my recovery.

5:30 As soon as I sign off, we will wisk away to Fayetteville High School stadium for Allen's 2 football games.

As always these days, things keep getting better.

Talk to you soon,
J

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay & Cara, you aren't getting as many comments as you were, but we are all still here reading about your progress and cheering you on. It's great you've had time for some cabin fever, but with 2 boys in the house that doesn't last long. Along with you (not to mention both sets of parents!) we are thankful for every bit of progress!

Sandy & Joe Barron

Anonymous said...

It was GREAT to see you today, Jerry! Can't wait to have you back in the office with us. Please let me know what we can do to help make that work out for you. :o)

Anonymous said...

Jerry, I just heard about your accident from Jim Ryan. I am so sorry to hear about what you've been through, but to know that God has His hand on you and has preserved you should give you a tremendous sense of purpose. I will be praying for your complete recovery and for the understanding of His specific purpose for your "marvelously" spared life.
Have you ever read the book "90 Minutes In Heaven"? Might be a good read for you if you haven't.

Take care.
Dan Shum

Anonymous said...

J u have come so far!!! We are amazed!!! Glad to hear u r getting a little cabin FEVER!!! That is so uuu!! I think I might need to plan a road trip before u r up and running!!!

hugs to uu and cara and boys!!

allison