Monday, January 5, 2009



All, the picture pasted in here is from my first participation in the Heart Walk in 2007. I do not think I have a copy of last year's picture - it was the entire Tyson Foods, Inc. team. As most of you know, the motorcycle that I was riding on when I was hit was actually won during the Heart Walk. For every $500 I raised, I recieved 1 entry for the grand prize. Last year I (with the help of a lot of friends and family) raised over $2,700. I think it was Katrenia who heard my name called over the loudspeaker as the grand prize winner.

After receiving life saving heart surgery, I think it is only natural to continue my support for the American Heart Association. I know the donations are for heart disease and stroke research rather than emergency trauma surgery, but it still rings close to me. I have lost family members to heart disease and I have close friends who have suffered heart attacks or strokes.

I have sent out several "canned" e-mail solicitations recently. If you did not get an e-mail or would still be interested in donating to the Heart Association, please click on the link pasted below.

Thank you always,

J

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=285553&lis=0&kntae285553=8790922906594EF7849E1A216FE825C4&supId=244405022

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's been a long time since i've been on the blog - after being on it about every 15 minutes in the past! i am thrilled that you are still writing and enjoy the words. i am not a patient person either!! i am proud of you and your strength - keep on moving forward even if it is one painful step at a time - it will get better!
love ya!!
katie