Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Recovery of Allen Hartfield



All,

Is anybody still out there checking this site? For those who are, the Hartfield Saga continues.

Yesterday during football practice at school, Allen fell and broke his lower left leg. Both the Tibia and Fibula were fractured just about halfway between the knee and ankle. Allen is scheduled for surgery today at around 3:00 P.M. to insert a shaft in the Tibia, the larger bone. The Fibula is to heal on it's own with no hardware added.

Allen is in good spirits and in room 1205 at Washington Regional and should be released to go home hopefully on Sunday. There is a link to the hospital here on the blog and I am sure he would enjoy some e-mail. Please be thinking of him and say a prayer for his quick recovery. Both coaches stopped by the room last night and told him they expect back in practice soon.

Please think of our entire family as I am still hobbling around and Allen comes home on crutches.

Thank you,

J

5 comments:

Jim said...

Well, this year the Hartfield's have had a rough time staying out of the hospital... I guess you guys play too hard, but I am sure you wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope for a speedy recovery...

Happy New Year. We will catch up next time I am down that way, and if you come through Rolla, let me know.

Jim Fisher

Anonymous said...

Please tell Allen that we are thinking of him. I am sure Alex will come by and provide some entertainment for Allen.

Continuing in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie Foster

Justin Mills said...

Wow, what a way to start the new year. Tell Allen that we are thinking of him and wishing for a speedy recovery. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Justin Mills

Anonymous said...

I check the site almost every day. Y'all do a great job of keeping it updated. I hate to hear about Allen. Hopefully, he'll be back on the field soon. If there's a "good thing" about it, at least the season doesn't start for a long time.
See you at drill.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word....your family's insurance is certainly getting a hit lately, huh?! I'm so glad Allen is doing well. I'm so sorry this has happened, though. Bless the Hartfield Family!!! Sugar
p.s. Yes, we still read! :)