Friday, January 9, 2009

Allen is doing well

Hello,
I want to let everyone know that Allen's surgery started right at 5:00 last night and lasted about an hour. Dr. Coker came out and told us everything went very well. He has strong bones and the fracture was fluke due to torque as he came down. He thinks Allen could be discharged as early as Saturday afternoon. I am going to drill in LR this weekend and Sam is going to hang with his cousins in Greenwood. Hopefully this will help Cara focus on Allen's needs and not mine or Sam's. As always, our family is providing wonderful support. You should have seen the case manager yesterday when she walked into the room and saw my parents, Cara's parents and me and Cara. She simply said "that answers that question".
I saw Allen for a couple of minutes just After 7:00. He was obviously groggy after the surgery but in good spirits. I left to pick up Sam from TWD and went home. As expected, Cara stayed the night with Allen. She said he slept pretty good and did not hit his happy button too many times.
J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. So glad to hear you're DRIVING and going back to Drill. Yay!!
Sugar