Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

All,

Obviously I have a lot to be thankful for this year!

To be alive, to be walking, to be at home, to be at work, to be with my family...
To have such a supportive family...
To have so many wonderful friends pouring out their support for us while I recover....
This list could go on for a while this year.

One of those things I am thankful for is to have all of Cara's and my families up to Fayetteville for Thanksgiving.

This is a tradition we started back in 2000 after we moved from New Jersey to Missouri (I missed 2004 due to military activation, but the families were at our house anyway - they sent pictures) and are thrilled to continue.








I will try to post some current photos from our celebration this year.

Taking a Break:

Since I am not seeing Dr. Arnold until December 17th and it is unlikely that I will have corrective surgery on my knee until after the new year, I will be taking a break from physical therapy.

They simply can not push me forward until the knee is corrected. Obviously after the knee is worked on again, I will be right back at physical therapy and hopefully posting new improvements. This past Friday, I spoke to my therapist about the walker / cane / crutches and she said that she would prefer me to continue to use the walker to preserve the walking gait. Both the cane and the use of crutches have a tendency to create an unwanted limp that is hard to correct.

While I am desparate to walk without devices, it looks like I will be using the walker well into January and possibly February depending on what we do to the knee.

With this in mind, I may not be posting to the site as often.

Thank you for all of your support and I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Jerry, you do have a lot to be thankful for, but we also have a lot to be thankful for. We can thank God that he answered our prayers for your recovery. On a personal note, I am thankful for the inspiration you have given me. When I got slapped with my heart issues earlier this year, it was easy to give up, but my problem seems minuet compared to what you're going through. You've inspired me to keep trying and push the limits despite being told by my cardiologist to "take it easy." I admit I could probably do more, but I have done a lot more than I would have had it not been for your inspiration. We all take for granted our everyday activities until something happens to throw us out of our routine. I hope your new routine gets back to the way things used to be before the wreck soon. You're doing great and inspiring a lot of people. Keep up the great work and continue to know you've got prayers shooting skyward every day. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

J, I am so proud of all the progress you have made over the months since your accident. You are truly a strong person. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and spending time with all of your family. Talk to you soon.

Angie