Friday, November 7, 2008

November 7 - Lake

All,

It seems that I keep doing more firsts:

Last weekend was my first return to the reserves and it was wonderful.

Last Wednesday was my first return to the ASCE engineering club lunch. They were very nice as they welcomed my return (Thank you Natalie!). Golden Corral even had a person carry my tray and get my food...

This weekend, I will return to the lake for the first time (just the cabin, not the boat). We were at the lake the weekend before the wreck with my sister's family and I really do not remember anything. I do have pictures on my digital frame to remind me.


My trip to Tulsa to evaluate my left knee has been moved to Thursday. I will meet with the doctor and have a MRI scheduled that afternoon. Hopefully we can get a solution and continue with the recovery. While I occassionally use only a cane, I am worried that I will be stuck with the walker until this knee gets better. We should also get an idea of what to expect with the left hamstring muscle that is not working.


For those of you who have not spoken to me in a while, you would be amazed at how strong my voice has become. It seems like just in this past week my voice has returned to almost normal!

PAIN:
This is a hard one to explain. I stay in nearly constant pain. It used to primarily be what I called "blood pain" from having my leg down for long periods of time. Now it is primarily the AFO (ankle brace) that keeps my drop foot from getting worse and stretches my calf. I tell you, by 1:30 to 2:00, the pain is unbearable. 99% of my pain starts at my left knee and makes it's way down to my toes.

Thank you all for your continued cares, prayers and support.
We discussed last weekend the importance of prayer and I am aware that there were(are) literally thousands of people praying for my recovery.
I will never forget this.

J

5 comments:

Deborah A. Cron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah A. Cron said...

It's so nice to be able to check in and see how you are doing, even better when the news keeps getting better! Hate to hear about the pain, but we aren't surprised. We pray that it passes quickly.

Hey! Tell Alan that Josh just made the time cut for 100 yd. butterfly to go to State (He needed 57:89, he got 57:22). No one was more surprised than Josh. "Josh" and "state qualifying athlete" were not exactly words we would have thought would go in the same sentence back during the Sunshine basketball and Cub Scout days!

George is currently starring in Stephen King's "Misery" at Springfield Little Theatre. That would not be a show you'd want to see, but he's having fun!

God bless!

The Crons

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you keep improving daily. Hopefully your hamstring will start working again on its own but keep up the physical therapy. It sounds like you are doing great.

Angie

Anonymous said...

Hi, J!

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I better say hello. Thanks for keeping everyone updated through this blog. It means a lot to hear how God has continued to answer prayers. Thank you for sharing about the pain you're dealing with... that gives me something specific to pray about. I'm so happy to know that you are doing so many "new" things. Keep chugging along!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jerry!
Hope to see you at drill in December!
Tina and David Kemp