Monday, November 17, 2008

November 17 - No Results Yet

All,
I was hoping to post some new news based on the MRI that was completed last Thursday.
At this time, we have not heard the results. During the visit with the doctor before the MRI, he mentioned a few options that could improve my left knee (all requiring some form of surgery). One option is the removal of scar tissue and maybe re-shaping what is left of the knee cap orthoscopically. Another option is the removal of the knee cap (which is not uncommon for people who have crushed their knees like I did). At no time did he mention a knee replacement. He was pleased with the progress of the nerve re-generation and reminded us that it will likely take at least a year. This nerve re-generation is also directly related to the loss of hamstring signals. With the progress that we have seen, it is likely that my hamstring will come back as well.

Not much other news. We had a relaxing weekend - especially Saturday.

As always, I appreciate your concerns. I look forward to reading comments and receiving e-mail.

I feel your prayers.

Thank you,
J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey J! I am glad to read and hear from Cara that you continue to get closer to "normal." Which is saying something since you were not really "normal" before the wreck! Seriously, glad you continue to improve. Keep up the amazing work.

Lisa