Monday, November 3, 2008

November 3 - Reserves

All,
I had been planning last weekend for weeks, but could not tell but a very few people. Scott picked me up last Friday and drove me down to Little Rock AFB. I participated in my first drill weekend since the wreck. It felt so good to be back and see so many friends. The planned event was kept a secret from most of the squadron to make the surprise entrance Saturday morning more memorable. While the weekend was exhausting, they were all very understanding. I look forward to returning to drill again in December.
Thank you to the members of the 96th APS for making me feel home again last weekend!

Healing continues, but I have had to schedule an earlier appointment with the knee doctor. I will be going back to Tulsa on Tuesday, November 11 to hopefully determine what is wrong with my left knee. We also discovered last week that one of my hamstring muscles in my left leg is not firing.

Cara and I are still looking forward to a weekend at the lake cabin this weekend. It should be a very restful time together.

Talk to you soon,

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi J,
I'm sure at times you're frustrated, but keep on keeping on. You've made such amazing strides! Still thinking about you-Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

It was so exciting to see you back at the ASCE meeting. I hope it wasn't too embarrasing to make an announcement for you. I was a little overwhelmed by just being able to see you again and had to do something. Thank God you are still with us! You are looking GREAT, except for a little thiner, they must be working you hard at PT! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, I hope you keep your fighting attitude, and I hope the best for you and your family.
-Natalie Becknell