Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Wait Continues

I now have an appoinment with Dr. Arnold in Fayetteville on Decmeber 17. This is a little further out than I would have wanted, but it was the best they could do. It would have been in January if I had not been an existing patient. This is an office visit and not a procedure which means to me another month plus before I get some relief from the knee pain.
Sugar, I am still using the walker more than the cane. There are a couple reasons for this. The first is the distance from my car to the door to the office. It is long and I am still a bit un-stable with the cane. The second is lack of mental faith and fear of falling. The 4 points of support from the walker feel more secure than a rubber stopper on the end of the cane. I think I am going to declare Saturday cane day at the house and try not to use the walker at all. If that works out, I may try to go to church with the cane. I need the practice.

Thanks for continuing to read,

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock On Bro! Be patient. IT will all come in due time.
Keep Stepping.

Vansandt

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on the cane and walker. I think your idea to use the cane on Saturday and trying at church is an excellent idea. I'm so glad you and Cara are enjoying so much more 'normalcy' than 4 short months ago. Great to hear about your appointment with Dr. Arnold too. Keep up the good work! Sugar