Monday, October 13, 2008

October 9 - 13 - Sorry for the delay...

All,
What has happenned with the time? - Oh yeah, it was Allen's birthday.

October 9 - My dad came up after work to look after me in preparation for Cara to go to the lake on Friday morning.

October 10 - Cara left for the lake after the kids went to school and my Dad took me to work. Dad picked me up at noon to go to lunch. After lunch we messed around at the house before going to PT. PT was a pool session and those are my favorite where I get to walk without any attachments. When we got home, my Mom was there. We watched some of the Fayetteville homecoming game.

October 11 - We went to Sam's football game and then to lunch at Oseguras in Springdale. This was a calculated lunch because I arranged for a guy from Bentonville to meet us there and show us his 280ZX. Allen liked it and I loved it. After lunch we went home to listen to both the Mississippi State game, my dad's alma matter, and the Razorback game. Go Hogs! - a win and more signs of improvement. Dad left shortly after the State game, but Mom stayed.

October 12 - Lazy Sunday morning reading the paper in bed while drinking coffee. Just before Mom left and Cara got home, Allen got a guy to bring his Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder to our house. I liked it and Allen loved it. There will be some serious discussions before we buy Allen's first car. I think I have too much emotion.

October 13 - I am at work and about to leave for the day. The major change for this entire post is that I left the wheel chair at home. I used the walker to get to my cube. We will see in my next post how exhausted I get today as I go to PT and Allen's football game.

Summary: It was another relaxing weekend. I still feel like I am improving dramatically with the exception of my left knee and foot/ankle. I am using the walker far more than the wheel chair. October 22 is the next follow up in Tulsa. I am hoping this follow up clears me for a lot more activity esspecially driving.

J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning! I love to get contiuned great news of improvement! I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jerry, you just keep on improving. We are all still pulling for you and are still reading your blog. Just hang in there buddy. We will be thinking about you and your family this weekend as we celebrate our first ever Family UTA Weekend, including the dreadful PT test. You will be a lot of people's motivation as we know you would be right out there with us if you were able. Take care Jerry and know we love you and can not wait to see you and Cara at the November UTA. Please let SMSgt Ford know if you need any Billeting arrangements. God Bless You, your family, and this nation.....I'm afraid we are in trouble........

Anonymous said...

J, We should all be so lucky to have the awesome support group, family and love you have around you. I can't believe you have to work now...that stinks. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Jeff Anschutz via Atlanta, GA