Monday, October 6, 2008

October 3 - 5 - Not much new

All,
There has not been a lot of change from my last post to this post. Pretty much a relaxing weekend.

Friday, October 3:
PT/OT went very well. I think I only have 2 more OT appointments, but I will continue the PT for quite a while. I spent most of the PT time walking with the walker around Health South. As always, I was pretty tired when I finished and I need to thank Gene for the ride and I think he enjoyed seeing old faces at Health South.

Saturday, October 4:
Really a pretty slow day. Eleanor came up for a quick visit and a trip to the Tyson store in Lowell. The boys went to the Razorback game while Cara and I watched it on TV. I did walk with my walker from the recliner down to the bottom of my driveway, climbed into my truck and parked it next to the house. Another sign that I am almost ready to be released on the street. I can't wait for the trip to Tulsa on October 22!

Sunday, October 5:
Here is another small sign of improvement. I was able to climb onto the riding lawn mower. That is right, I mowed the lawn while Cara edged and trimmed! It felt great to both be outside and help with the yard work.
Sam's game ended in a tie after neither team could score in overtime. Sam caught a pass, ran a reverse and made a tackle. I think he had a great game.

I hope everyone else had a nice weekend and as always I look forward to your comments,

J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerry,

Thats great news. I'm so glad you are getting back to a somewhat life of normalsee. I have been out of pocket for a while and haven't been able to check your blog. It looks like you will be back to the unit before you know it. We always have a spot waiting for you. Take care.

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Great news J! You are truly a walking miracle! :) Keep it up. Hopefully we will see you at the TU game in November.

Jennifer Denne

Anonymous said...

Go J Go! You are amazing and a true inspiration. Keep on trucking!

Lisa