Friday, October 17, 2008

October 14 - 17 Time Flies By!

All,
As you can see, I am posting fewer and fewer updates. The simple reason is that there are no major updates. I continue to improve on the walker, but it does take time and I am pushing my limits. I still have considerable pain in my lower left leg particularly in the evenings before bed. My hope is that this is the nerves coming back to life. My complete focus right now has to be October 22. This is when we go back to the doctors in Tulsa for what could be a final follow-up. I am hoping to get official clearance to drive! I am also hoping to get clearance to put full weight on my left leg. With this, PT will be able to get more aggressive and we will be saying goodbye to the walker and advancing to a cane. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Please stay in touch,
J

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey J. It's good to read that you are progressing so rapidly. I anticipate great news Wednesday. We're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

JJJJJ...I having been keep ing up with your posting...but haven't written...sos sorry things have been crazy here...NO EXCUSE...BUT JUST WANTED TO LET U KNW STILL CHEERING U ON FROM GULPORT !!! SO PROUD OF UUU....HUGS TO ALL OF UUU... MSU WON A GAME YEA!!!...
LOVE, ALLISON

Anonymous said...

J, You can do it!

- Jeff Anschutz

Anonymous said...

I still come by to check on you often. It's good to hear such great news... God is good! We'll continue to pray.

Anonymous said...

Hey J, It is so great to hear that you are improving so fast. That is wonderful. I hope the doctors visit goes well on Wednesday. I am sorry that I have written but I have bought the kids and I a house in Bentonville, so I have been busy moving. I love reading how you and the family are doing. Please tell Cara I said hello and to call when she gets a chance.

Angie

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow is the big day! Or the next in a string of big days. I hope the best for you and the worst for that walker, may it be jealous of the cane you will soon be using. It would be great to see you at the next ASCE meeting in Fayetteville Nov. 5. We are switching between Rogers and Fay every other month.
-Natalie Becknell, ASCE

Anonymous said...

Hey J and Cara!! It's the 22nd and we're all waiting to hear the good news!! Is the walker in the lake by now?! LOL! Please keep us updated, Sugar

Anonymous said...

The crew is waiting for the Captain to tell us what Dr. Feelgood said. Can he take the helm? Can he boldly go where no man has gone before? Does he get to do battle with the Corona 12 without someone else? Hey Captain how about a Sebring convertible for the shuttle craft for your jr. officer?

Anonymous said...

So good to hear your progression! We're keeping you in our prayers.

Jason, Crystal & Beau King