Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 6 - 8: Allen turns 16 today!

All,
Am I really old enough to have a 16 year old son? Life could get a lot trickier for us now. Cars, jobs, girls etc...

October 6:
OT/PT went real well with improvements on walking and simply standing. Did you know it takes more energy to stand than it does to walk? Allen's football game in Fort Smith was rained out, so we did not make the trip.

October 7:
After work, we went to Hanger Orthodics to get a cast made of my left lower leg. From the cast, they will make a custom brace to help eliminate the drop foot. This is encouraging, but at the same time, I do not want to have a brace for the rest of my life. The fact that I am able to raise my foot a little is a positive sign that it will come back to normal.
As far as home goes, we left the wheelchair in the car! I am going to spend the rest of my time at home without the chair. Hopefully, I will go to work with the walker soon instead of the chair.

October 8:
Yes, today is Allen's birthday. I am still glad I have boys and do not need to worry about a big Sweet 16 party.
I am at work now and have PT and my last session of OT this afternoon. We will likely go out to dinner.

Talk to you soon,

J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wheelchair in the car? Where in the world does Bubba sit now? Too funny!

Happy birthday to Allen! We hated that we didn't we get to watch his game on Monday after the fun at Sam's game on Sunday. Life with driving 16-year-olds can actually be EASIER, while worrisome. We certainly see both sides down here in Greenwood.

Keep blogging and working. Everyone loves it so much.

Your sister, E

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear more good news! And, no... you are NOT old enough to have a 16 year old! Because if you are, then I am too... it just can't be true! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Jay, I'm so glad you are doing better.

Jeff Anschutz