Monday, November 9, 2009

Support

All,
I am certain that I would not be doing as well without the support that I am getting from family, friends and co-workers (which fall into the friend or family category).
The news of needing another surgery last Wednesday was upsetting. I am really getting tired of it. We all hope that it will be the final one and it could happen as soon as this Thursday.
Friday morning I received my first nerve block to relieve the RSD. I want to think some of the pain was relieved, but I still have difficulty standing for extended periods and the nerves are still extremly sensitive along the outside of my left shin and on top of my left foot just behind the big toe.
This morning I received my second nerve block and I still do not notice much of a difference other than the sedative making me feel a little loopy. Thank you Stephen for picking me up and bringing me home.
I am supposed to call Dr. Norris today and let them know how the second shot affected the pain. If it is working, I will likely move forward with surgery on Thursday.
I have another nerve block shot scheduled for 1:45 this Wednesday.
Overall, I had a pretty good weekend. Sitting on the porch watching the Hogs win.
Visiting with Carl and Cissy after the game and it was nice that my sister came by and visited after the game. Her son, Alex, stayed the night and played with Sam and Allen.
Cara and I have several little projects that we are working on. I just wish I could work harder and contribute more. She is really doing an incredible job keeping the house in order, but I can tell she needs some rest.

I will keep you all posted on future appointments and progress.
J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jerry, I hope everything is going as best as it can. Looking forward to seeing you next time you make it drill. You are in in our thoughts. Take care,
Mark Compton