Thursday, October 1, 2009

No new news

All,
I really do not have much to report, but I just thought it would be good to create a new post. My recovery from the surgery on September 3rd has gone very well. I do think I am moving better and I do notice more flexibility. I am putting nearly all of my weight on my left leg, but I still use a single crutch for support.
Cara and the boys are doing well. School, football and other activities are keeping us busy.
I miss the reserves, but I am hoping this time off will let me heal enough to return next year. I had a phone call from headquarters mentioning that I needed a doctor's letter stating my medications, current and future limitations to complete my waiver. This was exciting since it indicates a possibility of returning, but with the future surgery on October 22nd, we are going to wait until the follow up from that procedure to ask for the letter. It would be wonderful to return to service even if there are limitations.
All is well in Fayetteville,
J

1 comment:

Ronald of Arabia said...

J, got your note and thanks for the thoughts. Will definitely take you up on the lake offer.

Good luck with remaining in the Reserves; DoD medical policies seldom are consistent- "There's always a waiver!"

Best of luck with the future surgery; if all goes well I will be stateside by then.

Take care- Ron