Thursday, October 8, 2009

Time keeps ticking...

All,
Last Friday, Cara and I were thrilled to go to Fort Smith and help celebrate Elizabeth and John's 40th birthday. They threw a great party. Last Monday I rememebered to call Brian and congratulate him on his 40th birthday. This is the year that most of our high school class turns 40 and mine is fast approaching.
I still find it hard to grasp that I will be 40 in less than 3 months.
This is a reality check.

Speaking of birthdays, the reality check continues.
Our son, Allen turns 17 today! This is crazy.
He has requested dinner at Chili's tonight.
He is looking forward to going to Greenwood this weekend for fun with the cousins and their Homecoming.
Capping off his 4 day birthday celebration will be a trip to the movies with Ryan to see Zombieland.
Yes, one of his birthday goals was to go to a rated R movie.

Cara and I are looking forward to going to the Razorback game with her parents Saturday. Great cool weather is expected for the 11:00 kick off.

Hope everyone else is well,
J

1 comment:

Gail M said...

I am so jealous that you are going to the game today. Since I have to go in to work today, I will be missing it completely. (Here in Dallas, it is a big event for me to watch a Razorback game.)

Jay, I have been so inspired by reading your blog. Your mom is a great friend, and knowing her and her family has been a tremendous blessing in my life. My best to you in your upcoming surgery.