Thursday, September 17, 2009

Staples are gone

All,
I recovered very quickly from surgery on September 3. I stayed home the following Tuesday and Wednesday, but I was happy to return to work Thursday one week after the surgery. Everything has been going well and my mom and I went back to Tulsa yesterday to remove the staples and to schedule the next and hopefully my last surgery. Right now it looks like I will be returning to Tulsa on October 14th for pre-op testing and a doctor appointment to take X-rays and check progress. The surgery is scheduled for October 22nd. This will be a big procedure, but hopefully since they have already removed the hardware it will go fairly easy. They will be breaking my femur to re-align the hip, iserting a rod through the neck into the hip that will be attached to a plate screwed to my femur and applying bone paste around the neck to stimulate growth.
The recovery continues, but I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.
J

2 comments:

Jim said...

Couldn't they use JB Weld instead of the bone paste? It hardens in 5 minutes and is hard as steel. Seems like a better fix since the duct tape didn't hold.

Anonymous said...

J - Chip and I are praying for your recovery!