Saturday, February 14, 2009

Total Patellectomy

All,
With all things considered, I think the surgery went well yesterday. Dr. Arnold said there was nothing he could do to salvage my knee cap as he removed 20 individual pieces of bone. He did re-structure the tendons in an effort to help stabilize the joint. For those who know me well, know that I have had bad knees basically since birth. After Dr. Arnold saw it yesterday, he said the groove that the knee cap rides on is not as deep as a normal knee joint. We are optimistic for better joint very soon. I have to say that I felt great after coming home. I called Joe at work to tell him that things went well and I expected to return by Thursday. Dad and I watched a movie together and I retired to my room for a nap at about 2:30. The truth is I was still high with Diloted and when I woke up the reality set in. Yes, this stuff hurts.
I go back to see Dr. Arnold Thursday morning for a follow up and I am afraid we will be discussing a possible left hip procedure.
I will follow up soon after Thursday's visit.

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep stepping, bro. Seriously, what's one or two more surgeries after you've already had 5..6...10...how many have you had?:)
Talk soon.

Vansandt

Anonymous said...

I am really glad this surgery is behind you and that you feel it went well. Thank goodness you were free from pain after the surgery as long as you were. Back to work Thursday?! Are you kidding?! I really, really hope you don't have to go through any more hip procedures as mentioned. Geez.....surely not.
Sugar