Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back from the doctor

All,
I just got home from my follow up with Dr. Arnold. As you may know the knee surgery was way more difficult then it was intended. No I am not going to work today as I had hoped or tomorrow either. You should find me signed on in Facebook as I rest in bed. I will try to do some work from home.
Physical Therapy is to resume in 2 weeks. I am not supposed to bend my knee at all from now until then. We are going to baby step into getting the motion back in my knee as I continue to try to strengthen my thigh muscles. Even during surgery, what was left of the patella continued to dislocate as they bent my knee. He opened my knee using the same scar from the trauma surgery and removed the rest of the bone fragments. This is still going to be a long process. I have to go back next week to get the staples removed, and I will see Dr. Arnold again in three weeks (after I have been to therapy for a week)
The bad news is that my left hip is in very bad shape and will likely require some attention or some form of procedure. The good news is that Dr. Arnold has agreed to help me with it, but he wants some good progress on the knee first.
This all goes back to my need for patience. We are so ready for this to be a thing in the past and it seems like things keep popping up. I know we are still going in the right direction, I just wish I was in the fast lane...
Allen goes to see Dr. Coker on Monday. I will be sure to post an update on his status. I have high expectations that he will be completely healed and cleared to put full weight on his leg.
Check back Monday night or Tuesday,
J

No comments: