Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quick Note on Allen's Recovery


All, Cara took Allen to see Dr. Coker yesterday and as expected he has been cleared to put full weight on his leg. He still has to wear the protective boot for about 6 more weeks. When he got home, we worked on using one crutch and then using one of my canes. When he came downstairs this morning, he was walking without the cane! He thinks he can make it the entire day at school without crutches or a cane. I hope he does not overdo it. We will certainly hear about it tonight. He told me he was very happy to walk again as I can only imagine. The thought of us both going to rehab together will be a distant memory as he recovers way faster than me.
I am doing well and back at work. The staples will be removed from my knee tomorrow or Thursday and rehab starts next week. I have been trying to obey the doctor's orders of flexing my quad muscle regularly and trying to lift my leg. I think I am very close without the immobilizer and shoe on.
Talk to you soon,
J

No comments: