Monday, December 15, 2008

"...watch for God's presence..."

All,

I am sure all of you know that I am a Christian. I am rarely evangelical and can hardly say that I am "religious". Trust me, I was, am and will always be a follower of Christ.

As we enter the Christmas season, like most churches, we read messages as we light our Advent candles. Our turn to read and light candles comes this Sunday, but yesterday's reading hit me especially hard.

"The second candle reminds us that Advent is also a time to watch. During Advent we eagerly watch for God's presence and work in our world."

The only phrasing I would modify is that not only during Advent, but at all times we should watch for God's presence.



Believe me, I feel his presence. I watch his presence - I wish all of you could have seen and heard our choir concert. I am sure beyond all doubt that he had a reason to keep me with you. He went inside all of you to reach out for me and to pray for me.

J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And this is exactly why you continue to have so many friends far and near praying for you daily.
Sugar