Monday, April 13, 2009

New Family Additions

All,
Things are still going well in Fayetteville.
Allen has been given a clean bill of health and is back to off-season practice in football.
Sam and I had "our" day which went well - we got to Krispy Kreme in time to get a free hot donut (they are the best), picked out a couple more special ones and a dozen for the house. From there, we went to Toys R Us and home. After several failed calls to buddies to take to Locomotion, he decided to go to a movie instead. We saw Alien vs Monsters in 3D. Our day was over after the movie, so he went out and played while I mowed the grass.
Cara drained our little pond, then she went with Allen to the pond next to the hospital and released our (2) 3 year old goldfish. I still can't believe they were stilll alive!
Our fence is done and we are excited about picking up our new Golden Retriever puppy, Bella, this Friday.
Sunday after church, we stopped at Pet Smart and adopted a 6 month old kitten, Tipsy.
We have gone from pet-less after Bubba passed to a new kitten and a new puppy.
I hope they get along and play with each other. Bubba was never fond of Maggie, our Dalmatian but I think that was because he was king of the roost for a few years before we got the dog.

I had a CT scan done on my left hip last Monday and will see the doctor on the 23rd to review the results. My knee is doing well, but I am worried that I am way behind schedule on bending it. We maxed at 90 degrees (that was the most I could bend it since before the accident) twice last week in PT and I could tell last night that I am well short of 90 degrees on self bending...

Talk to you soon,
J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you drain the pond? Seems like fun for Bella.

Can't wait to meet the new fuzzy family.

Of course, we will never forget the incredible innkeeper, Bubba, and his bed and breakfast.

Eleanor

Michael Young said...

Jerry,

Thanks for the update. It's always great to see the new posts, especially when it's not bad news. Take care and I'll be looking for the next post.