Thursday, April 16, 2009

Can't wait to get our new puppy tomorrow!!!



How can you resist that? We will try to post a picture of the new kitten, Tipsy, as well. Maybe the two of them together. Both are just as cute as they can be. Cara and I are just dying to go pick up our new puppy, Bella.

My medical reality check:

No more squats or kneeling - ever. Dr. Arnold will be satisfied with 100 degrees of flex in my left knee. My therapist is going to push for 105. I will be continuing to increase it on my own, but this is a fact - there is too much scar tissue to expect more flex.

Hip surgery is pending in the very near future. We will be going to Tulsa on April 28th to talk to Dr. Stafford about a possible bone graft. After my CT scan, they discovered that my hip fracture has never healed. A bone graft can possibly stimulate bone growth and healing. The other option is a complete hip replacement. There are a lot of unknowns at this time and hopefully they will be clarified on both April 23rd with Dr. Arnold and on April 28th with Dr. Stafford.

It appears that this is going to be a lifelong experience of learning my limitations.

J

No comments: