Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Cara!!!

Yes, today is Cara's birthday!
I wish I had a picture from last Friday night to post. Katie arranged a mini party for her at Grubbs while our favorite local band, Molten Lava aka Boom Kinetic, performed after dinner. Stephen and Amber came down from Springfield and stayed with us. Steve and Julie came as well as, Angie, Lisa and John, Julie F and of course Katie. It was a nice group and the girls enjoyed dancing. I am afraid I cut the party a little short and forced us to come home too early. The band was supposed to give Cara a shout out, but they started late and we left during their second break.

I really could not be happier now and the boys are doing great.
Spring Break came and went without us even noticing.
The boys stayed home and Cara and I continued our routines.

We will be going to the lake this weekend so Cara can do some more yardwork before the season kicks off. I would normally be going to LRAFB and will look forward to phone calls and text messages from them as I watch Cara work at the cabin. The weather should be nice.

Speaking of weather, Allen drove me around with the top down enjoying his new kicked up sound system yesterday. We have really enjoyed the time spent together working on his car.

With all the time that I have been giving to Allen lately, I promised Sam that I would treat him to whatever he wants to do next weekend. It looks like donuts and go carts - I can't wait.

Family and friends mean the world to me and I am constantly overwhelmed recently with humility and gratitude for such a blessed life.
Like I said before, I am happier now than I have ever been.

I hope to share this happiness with anyone who reads the post.

J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now when you go to the go carts don't spin the boy into the wall like you did me at Incredible Pizza. I mean don't drive like Kyle Busch. Drive more like Jimmie Johnson...can push on them just don't wreck em. Jimmie Rules!!!

Anonymous said...

OH I ALMOST FORGOT.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you did----you shared your joy---thanks!! great to hear it!
sugar