Monday, March 9, 2009

Drill Weekend and Rehab


All,
I think it is about time to update the blog.
Drill Weekend:
It was an honor for me to take Michael and Allen to Little Rock Air Force Base this past weekend to learn more about what we do on our reserve unit training assemblies. We woke up at 6:00 Saturday morning and were at the squadron right around 7. They were able to watch formation and were introduced as special guests. Later in the day, they went on the flight line to see some of our operations and we ate lunch in the "chow hall". The day concluded with an informal gathering at the base lake where other members took the time to visit with them. I let them sleep in on Sunday morning, but they joined me for lunch and the rest of Sunday afternoon. I really hope that Michael was able to talk to several members and get a better idea of what the reserves do.
Rehab:
I think I am really pleased with the knee surgery. The pain in my knee has decreased dramatically and I started physical therapy last Thursday. I will be going to therapy two days a week for the foreseeable future. I am know wearing a lock out hinged knee brace. It is set at 45 degrees right now, but we intend to increase the bending in 20 degree intervals per week. There is still a great deal of pain in my left hip and I still do not walk completely upright. I am using a single crutch to help me walk.
That is about it from Fayetteville right now,
J

No comments: