Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The last trip to Dr. Norris in Tulsa

Today was the last time that I should see Dr. Norris in Tulsa. It marks the one year anniversary of the major hip surgery. He told me that the hip joint itself appears to have healed. The lack of movement, rotation and the irritation is the result of the scar tissue and heterotopic bone growth interfering with the muscle, but the joint looks good. He was disappointed in the nerve decompression results, but it was not a guarantee in the first place. The trauma portion of my accident is officially over.
Life is all but normal now. I have very few restrictions and have even returned to the Air Force Reserve - even if it is a temporary status.
Work is keeping me busy and my travel schedule has picked up dramatically.
Cara and the boys are doing well.
We really enjoyed hosting the family for Thanksgiving again this year. Winter is setting in as we look forward to Christmas.
Cara and I are excited to be taking a vacation to Belize in January. It will be our first real get away for just the two of us since the accident and it is well overdue.
After we return from Belize, thoughts of going to the lake will begin to dominate.

I saw a sign on a church today that stood out for me. "The only attitude that we need is gratitude" I am thankful everyday for the second chance.

J.

No comments: