Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Survival Anniversary


To Everyone,
I have said it before and I will say it again. I am so grateful for all of you. The prayers, the thoughts, the visits. They always mean so much. Today is the one year anniversary of my accident and I am so thankful for what I have been able to do with my family and friends. July 29th will come and go every year, but it will have a very special meaning for me. The fact is, it could have been so different. Most people do not survive an aortic tear. My body was messed up and it will always be messed up, but I am back doing the things I want to do with the people that mean so much to me. I am going to celebrate July 29th every year. I survived and I still have so much to give. One more surgery to go. This has been a long challenging ordeal. I feel like I have been tested and I hope I am passing the test. Please take a moment to say a quick prayer, toast a glass, tell a friend - "It is wonderful to be alive and I appreciate life in a way most people can't imagine. I am blessed with many gifts"
I look forward to seeing everyone who has kept up with this blog and my journey again.
Thank you,
J

No comments: